Because I like lists (and I’m too hungover to paragraph), here are my highlights of the evening in no particular order:
1. People turned up! Seeing Something… packed at 6.30 with people that know about and like Domestic Sluttery felt awesome.
2. This rather quaint book that I bought called ‘Men, Women & Wedlock’, a collection of tips for the forward-thinking Edwardian couple first published in 1910. I was sold by #47: “Don’t make love to a girl in a hammock; you may both fall out”. Excellent advice.
3. I survived in my quite frankly ridiculous heels and not very heatwave-friendly dress. The fact that I stood barefoot on the pavement for 20 minutes (sweet relief!) does not negate this achievement.
4. Meeting Twitter people (including the Domestic Sluts) in the flesh and discovering that they are just as lovely, fun and interesting as I had imagined them to be. I may be harbouring a number of lady crushes.
5. I’m secretly a little bit proud that me, Sarah and Selina drained the bar of mojitos and I could still walk home in said ridiculous heels. Here’s the evidence:
6. Even though I was incredibly nervous before the event (my hands were trembling so much I couldn’t apply my Girls Aloud false lashes), I left feeling very pleased and smiley. Which is the point, isn’t it?
Unfortunately I only took one pic (it was too hot for me to concentrate on using a digital camera) so if you have any then please let me know!